Join us for our digital round of the Good Grief Network’s “10-Steps to Personal Resilience & Empowerment in a Chaotic Climate” program starting July 21, 2020. We’ll meet each Tuesdays, 6-8pm Mountain Time (for 10 weeks).
We’ll come together to discuss the state of the world, our heavy emotions, and how to empower ourselves to take meaningful action. The genius of the group, when everyone shows up, helps promote healing and reduce the isolation we may be feeling. We learn how to process our feelings, instead of getting stuck in them. Community is built from the courage and vulnerability each of us brings as we share our experiences, skills, and passions.
This is not a therapy group, it is a peer-to-peer support group that taps into the collective wisdom and helps calm our nervous systems. We require open hearts and minds.
We will meet for 10 weeks (skipping major holidays), working one step a week for 2 hours.
- Tuesdays, 6-8pm Mountain Time (Starts July 21, 2020)
GGN uses the digital platform Zoom to meet. We’ll do one step a week, for 10 weeks.
- Attendance. Please try to make all 10 meetings. We know it’s a big commitment. (If you cannot make it to all 10, that’s okay, you can still participate, but the process works better if you show up!)
- An open heart and open mind. We are inviting different worldviews and experiences into the circle, we ask that you respect the differences. We’ll do the same for you.
- Tracking your mental health. Because this isn’t a therapy group, we need to know you’re taking care of yourself. Do you have a supportive partner or friend to check in with after the meetings? Do you have a therapist? Do you know how to find a therapist if you need one?
- Vulnerability. The process works best if you show up and showing up requires that we be vulnerable. Share from a place of honesty. We will do our best to take care and create a safe container for you.
- Patience. Patience with yourself and everyone else in the group. We’ll be chatting about a lot of difficult things and we’re all just trying our best to make sense of this uncharted territory.
- Integrity. Be authentic, be kind, be you.
- Living Resilience (they have a monthly Safe Circle call you can sign up for)
- Leslie Davenport (Climate Psychology page)
- The Work That Reconnects
- Positive Deep Adaptation Facebook Page
- Climate & Mind