A training for organizational representatives who want to facilitate 10-Step Programs
Is your community struggling to embrace these unprecedented times?
Do you feel called to help people connect and talk about the state of the world?
Do you want to work with others to reimagine meaningful activism?
This training is for you.
Through GGN’s training, the passion of the facilitators was palpable and I continued to feel I was in the right place, doing the right thing in these tumultuous times.
The tips by the master- facilitators were extremely useful…
All of the facilitators held tremendous presence. They were real and named the places where they felt their own emotions coming up. That was a
great model for being authentic and how important that is to this work.
I was surprised by how quickly I felt comfortable and brave to participate in the activities (thanks to some amazing facilitators)!
As the planetary predicament intensifies, we need change-makers who can stay awake and open-hearted to the pain of these times without numbing or burning out.
We are being asked to return to community, to mutuality, to collective care, and yet many of us have forgotten how to be together. We must relearn how to hold depth, manage disagreement, and explore big questions without rushing to answers.
Good Grief Network’s 10-Step Program is a space where communities can lean into hard/heart work, develop practices for managing tension, and attend to our overwhelming emotions.
We do this by sharing our stories, practicing self- and collective regulation, and reimagining what meaningful action we can take in tumultuous times.
This program offers a path out of despair and burnout and helps people regain a sense of connection and personal agency. You can read more about our program in Time Magazine, NBC News, Today Show, New York Times and more…
Click below to
In this training, facilitators will:
- Learn the philosophy and process of the 10-Step Program
- Discuss the value of collective emotional processing
- Practice techniques for building brave and emergent containers
- Discuss best practices for setting group expectations
- Practice how to manage tension, conflicting perspectives, and overwhelming emotions
- Learn techniques for checking in with and caring for themselves as facilitators
- Practice deep listening, compassion, and non-judgment
- Have opportunities to share their feelings in small groups
- Explore creative ways to personalize the 10-Step Program to meet their community’s needs
- Practice grounding exercises for individual regulation and collective co-regulation
- Discuss best practices for setting up and promoting 10-Step meetings
After you train as an affiliate facilitator, you will receive:
- A training certificate to establish your role as an affiliate facilitator
- An opportunity to partner with GGN as an affiliate organization
- An affiliate organization agreement
- GGN’s affiliate 10-Step Program logos to include in promotional materials
- A copy of GGN’s Facilitation Package which includes over 75 pages of:
- Facilitation guidelines
- Best practices for setting up meetings
- Sample expectations and norms
- The 10-Step Participation Packet to be shared with meeting participants
- Recommended resources for each step
- Suggested talking points and check-in/check-out questions
- Poetry recommendations
- Journaling prompts
- Sample grounding exercises
- …as well as a few surprises
Good Grief Network’s 10-Step Program is a peer-to-peer support group where people come together to process their heavy feelings about the state of the world, build resilient communities, and co-vision new futures. This program has helped thousands of people around the globe navigate heavy emotions, deconstruct cultural narratives, and redefine what meaningful action they can take for themselves and the collective.