…Because how we live in this time and place matters.
The Good Grief Network’s unique 10-Step program aims to help build personal resilience and empowerment while strengthening community ties to combat despair, inaction, and eco-anxiety on the collective level.
Ten Meetings. Ten Weeks. Small Groups. Heart-centered Process Work. Hosted by the Good Grief Network — Or You!
Resources To Dig Deeper Into Each Step
We’ve curated a wide variety of writings, audio, and other media we specifically recommend for those at each step in the 10-step program. Our updated and expansive list is included with the purchase of our e-manual.
- “There must be those among whom we can sit down and weep and still be counted as warriors.” ―Adrienne Rich
- Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” ― Howard Thurman
- “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” ― Jiddu Krishnamurti
- “If you don’t like the way the world is, you change it. You have an obligation to change it. You just do it one step at a time.” — Marian Wright Edelman
- In Facing Mass Extinction, We Must Allow Ourselves to Grieve by Dahr Jamail
- The Miraculous Hope Of Climate Realists by Erika Spangler-Siegfried
- Facing Extinction by Catherine Ingram (Audio version)
- We Need Courage, Not Hope, To Face Climate Change by Kate Marvel
- Beyond Hope by Derrick Jensen
- Forget Shorter Showers by Derrick Jensen
- Neoliberalism has conned us into fighting climate change as individuals by Martin Lukacs
- Human and Planetary Health Part I: Facing the Crises by Daniel Christian Wahl
- Human and Planetary Health Part II: Going Upstream by Daniel Christian Wahl
- Human and Planetary Health Part III: Improving Planetary Health by Daniel Christian Wahl
- Human and Planetary Health Part IV: Restoring Ecosystems in the Century of Regeneration by Daniel Christian Wahl
- Dahr Jamail & Barbara Cecil on How Shall We live?
- Climate — A New Story by Charles Eisenstein
- A New Republic Of The Heart: An Ethos For Revolutionaries by Terry Patten
- Active Hope: How To Face The Mess We’re In Without Going Crazy by Joanna Macy & Chris Johnstone
- Coming Back to Life by Joanna Macy & Molly Brown
- Who Do We Choose To Be: Facing Reality, Claiming Leadership, Restoring Sanity by Margaret Wheatley
- Be The Change: Live Well & Spark A Climate Revolution by Peter Kalmus
- Radical Joy For Hard Times by Trebbe Johnson
- Collapsing Consciously: Transformative Truths for Turbulent Times by Carolyn Baker
- The Hidden Promise of Our Dark Age by Joanna Macy
- Beyond Anxiety and Depression… A Call to Awakening! by Jason Silva
- Why I Think This World Should End by Prince Ea
- Living Into Being by Joe Brewer
- American Psychosis with Chris Hedges
- Let This Darkness Be A Bell Tower by Rilke
- Wild Geese by Mary Oliver
- Summer Day by Mary Oliver
- Clearing by Martha Postlewaite
- Thanks by W. S. Merwin
- The Peace Of Wild Things by Wendell Berry
- The Breeze At Dawn by Rumi